6/17/2011

Garage Rant No. 1 -

So far, the ratio of interesting things to non-interesting things that I have to say at present is 0-400.  If you're a gambling man, bet on the fact that nothing in this particular post will be of any interest to you whatsoever.

I once purchased two donuts, a yoohoo, a bag of cool ranch doritos, a diet coke, a regular coke, 4 microwave barbecue sandwiches, 2 packs of camels, a pair of sunglasses, and ribbed condoms from the Circle K at Walker and 23rd Street in Oklahoma City.  Whilst the cashier was ringing up my massive, stoner purchase, I asked if he "considered me portly".  His response?  Not good enough to remember.  Probably a shrug.  Or a "heh". 

I warned you.

It feels like some guy took a pair of fancy pliers and yanked out my tooth.  It also felt like it took far too long to yank the bastard out.  I didn't mind much what with the nitrus and all, but it still was less than comfortable.  Once we were all finished and I was breathing oxygen again, they gave me my perscriptions, told me what to do, and warned me that I should probably take the pain medication before the novacaine wore off.  They were effing correct.  If the crazy wind sheer storm hadn't knocked out power to the Wallgreens for several hours yesterday, I would have been able to do that.  As it was, all prescriptions were 3 hours behind schedule, and I was beginning to hurt.

Let me explain the Bryon White definition of 'hurt'.  I've had 3 knee surgeries, none of which were anything less than severely painful, at least during the first week post operation.  What I felt when the numbing agent wore off of my jaw was a pain that was previously unknown to me.  Like some tiny fairy was taking a serrated blade and running it back and forth between my jaw and the gaping hole where my terribly infected tooth used to be.  All I could do was kick.  And scream.  And cry.  Until the damn Walgreens finally got my prescriptions.  At some point, I passed out from the pain, but it didn't last long.  After the meds kicked in, I ended up sleeping most of the day and all of the night, which has thrown my sleep schedule for a loop anyway.

So I catch on the old Facebook that my buddies Rick Reiley and Tim Bays are going to be on the local am radio station in Cushing, Oklahoma at 8:30am. I immediately begin to scramble to make the mms feed work, which required downloading of Flip4Mac to be somewhat compatible with my Quicktime.  I proceeded to spend a few hours listening to my friends and harassing them on the internet.  It was a quite entertaining morning to say the least, and I got to hear my favorite new Rick Reiley tune, "Tiny Worlds".  At least that's what I think it's called.  Might be "Little Worlds'.  Doesn't matter.  It's too good for a title.  Love it, love Rick, love the fact that he writes more songs before breakfast than I usually do in a month.  And they're good. 

Garage Rant #1 Over.  Red Leader Out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment